Because He Lives

Discussions about Internet service providers (ISPs), the Meetinghouse Firewall, wired and wireless networking, usage, management, and support of Meetinghouse Internet
kisaac
Community Moderators

Re: Because He Lives

Post by kisaac »

russellhltn wrote:Which begs the question - was it meant to be shown in a meetinghouse
(Sorry for response on dated thread...)
Yes, considering at least one priesthood leader that asked it be shown in Sunday class meetings the Sunday before Easter, and then asked every member to go home and share it With somebody the following week.

So, yes...in that unit it WAS meant to be shown in a meetinghouse where it couldn't be streamed. Where exactly do we draw the line of "what" is an "appropriate share" on an LDS social media campaign?
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

johnshaw wrote:This is one of the those very inconsistent items in our 'strategy' for media in our meetinghouses. If you look at the site, the video is clearly hosted on youtube. A wise and loving STS will know that youtube is blocked. So, as long as you plan well ahead of time you should be able to get the video.
This is my greatest worry when visiting GAs and GOs ask me to set up a projector and a computer so they may show a video. Do they know that we can't access YouTube from the podium?

I try to ask them ahead of time if they can send me the URL for everything they want to present, or the PPT file they want to show, so I may have everything ready when they arrive.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

kisaac wrote:Yes, considering at least one priesthood leader that asked it be shown in Sunday class meetings the Sunday before Easter, and then asked every member to go home and share it With somebody the following week.

So, yes...in that unit it WAS meant to be shown in a meetinghouse where it couldn't be streamed.
You missed my point. What did CHQ intend? Where is the letter that told/suggested that local leaders to do that? Because I've seen too many reports of leaders "inspired" to do things contrary to instruction or intent.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:You missed my point. What did CHQ intend? Where is the letter that told/suggested that local leaders to do that? Because I've seen too many reports of leaders "inspired" to do things contrary to instruction or intent.
I saw no contrary instructions. Around here we call it just that, revelation and inspiration. Our leaders know that none of our members will ever refer anything to their friends that they have not personally seen for themselves first.

And so our priesthood leaders did exactly the same thing. They arranged for the members to see it first, and we probably got double the referrals because of it.

Not being able to access it normally at the meetinghouse simply provided an interesting exercise for the STS.
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

Honestly...Such a "social media campaign" generally wouldn't need a download option. Our use in church buildings might be rather unique for the industry, so I think providing a download option wasn't offered on the main page because nobody even thought it would be needed. It may not have been done "in house" by people who knew anything about our buildings!

The download link was offered if you searched long enough. Obviously downloading is important for us, and I hope those that make future campaigns will see it as a need in future campaigns

Return to “Meetinghouse Internet”