LDSAccess is limited

Discussions about Internet service providers (ISPs), the Meetinghouse Firewall, wired and wireless networking, usage, management, and support of Meetinghouse Internet
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: LDSAccess is limited

Post by russellhltn »

Biggles wrote:
russellhltn wrote:
michaelfish wrote:801 firewalls
Do you mean 811?. I don't think there's ever been a 801.
Or did he mean 881's?
Well, that is what I meant. :o

You can find the full list here.
Cisco PIX 501 (obsolete - should be replaced)
Cisco ASA 5505 (obsolete - should be replaced)
Cisco 881 (Three variants: 881W, C881W, C881)
Cisco 891 (8 port version of 881)

No 801 (or 811)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
michaelfish

Post by michaelfish »

The model number listed in tm.lds.org is AP801GN-A-K9. The access point model numbers are all AIR-LAP1041N-A-K9
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

michaelfish wrote:The model number listed in tm.lds.org is AP801GN-A-K9. The access point model numbers are all AIR-LAP1041N-A-K9
I think that's the model of the Access point inside the firewall. What do you see on the main firewall page?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
michaelfish

Post by michaelfish »

What do you see on the main firewall page?
881W
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

michaelfish wrote:LDSAccess, it does not work. No IP address is obtained. Statically assigning an IP address do not work either. I've been to several other stakes (when the building was not being used) and I cannot connect there either.
That is what I've seen in the past if the setup (encryption type, key type or password) is wrong on the client.

You might want to locate a working machine and compare settings.

I took a new, fully patched HP Win8.1 machine to church and got on the network with no problems. I'm running the same firewall and APs you are.

You can also try and locate you MAC address as seen on the wireless side and use another machine to look in TM and see if it shows up in TM > Console > Show ARP.

Return to “Meetinghouse Internet”