ISP Details in TM

Discussions about Internet service providers (ISPs), the Meetinghouse Firewall, wired and wireless networking, usage, management, and support of Meetinghouse Internet
justincy

ISP Details in TM

Post by justincy »

In Technology Manager, who's in charge of filling in the Internet Provider details? Some of the buildings have the details filled in while others do not. Is it the FM group that's in charge of maintaining the contracts for internet? Should I ask them for the details and fill it in myself?
Biggles

Re: Wireless Survey of church building with Netspot

Post by Biggles »

The FMG are normally in charge of the Internet contracts, so yes you could ask them for the missing details. If you're the STS then you can certainly fill in those details supplied!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: ISP Details in TM

Post by russellhltn »

justincy wrote:In Technology Manager, who's in charge of filling in the Internet Provider details?
I don't know as it's a defined role. I (a STS) fill it in to the extent that I know of it. The information can be useful if calling in for service, but I know of no requirement to fill it in.

I find the "Notes" area is handy for keeping tract of assigned static IPs.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
CleggGP
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by CleggGP »

In most cases the FM (or firewall installer) should enter the "Internet Provider" information, which includes required fields for Internet Provider, Download Speed, Upload Speed, and Connection Type, and optional Account Number, Monthly Cost, Circuit ID, and Support # fields. In addition to the FM (and several FM roles), several stake CDOL roles can edit the ISP information including the STS, Assistant TS, stake clerk, and stake PFR. If the firewall ISP information is missing (or inaccurate), the STS should contact the FM and update the information.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

I had lunch with our FM and two of his techs last week. One big problem is that the FM and his techs do not have access to TM. They asked the Global Service Center about it and received a shrug.

I found that odd, since the stake president, the STS, the FM, and the installer (FM tech) are all listed in the contact list for each firewall in TM.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
CleggGP
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by CleggGP »

The FM office should check again (https://tm.lds.org). Currently a person assigned to any of the following CDOL positions have the ability to view and edit TM ISP information: Facilities Manager, FM Assistant Facilities Manager, FM Administrative Assistant, FM Senior Mechanic, FM Temple Mechanic, Facilities Maintenance Technician, Facilities Section Manager, Facilities Site Manager, and Facilities Supervisor.

They may need training to find and select the firewall, and then select the "Internet Provider" tab (and "Edit" option). Some offices may be less familiar with TM and its features.

Return to “Meetinghouse Internet”