Problems with TM

Discussions about Internet service providers (ISPs), the Meetinghouse Firewall, wired and wireless networking, usage, management, and support of Meetinghouse Internet
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Problems with TM

Post by russellhltn »

drepouille wrote:Just login to TM and reboot the firewall to clear the DHCP table. It only takes a few minutes to reboot, and should allow your Branch computer to connect.
  • You'll get a bunch of "IP Conflict" messages when the DHCP starts handing out IPs that are already taken
  • I'll bet all the phones and tablets that are hogging the bandwidth will jump back on almost as fast as the ward computer.
Turning off the WAPs will put everyone else on "pause" until the ward takes care of things. Of course, this assumes the ward computer has a wired connection.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

drepouille wrote:Just login to TM and reboot the firewall to clear the DHCP table. It only takes a few minutes to reboot, and should allow your Branch computer to connect.
I hadn't gone that drastic yet. The router has a hard time reestablishing connection with the ISP as it is, so that would be a last recourse.

The branch is hard wired, so we have options.
jeromer7

Post by jeromer7 »

drepouille wrote:Ah, yes, I see the update to TM now. I wonder what would happen if I hit the DISABLE button during my next stake conference. Maybe more people would listen to the speakers?
I considered disabling the WAPs in our stake center during our last stake conference, but decided people need to be responsible for their own actions.
tlhackett
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by tlhackett »

Rebooting the firewall should only be done when necessary. If you are constantly rebooting your firewall to fix issues, the only thing you are doing is fixing symptoms instead of the actual problem itself.

If the bandwidth is being used up during a critical meeting or activity that relies on the bandwidth speed. Consider turning off the WiFi to conserve the bandwidth. Make sure that before you do, it will not interrupt other necessary meetings or activities.

Return to “Meetinghouse Internet”