More addresses?

Discussions about Internet service providers (ISPs), the Meetinghouse Firewall, wired and wireless networking, usage, management, and support of Meetinghouse Internet
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: More addresses?

Post by russellhltn »

Biggles wrote:From memory, the Church Firewall leases are set for 30 minutes.
And TM isn't always an accurate indicator of how many IPs are available. It shows how many IPs are in use, but apparently the lease has to be expired for a period of time before the DHCP will re-issue the IP to a different device.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

russellhltn wrote:And TM isn't always an accurate indicator of how many IPs are available. It shows how many IPs are in use, but apparently the lease has to be expired for a period of time before the DHCP will re-issue the IP to a different device.
I believe TM indicates how many IP's are currently leased out, whether they are active or not. Subtract that from the total pool to find out how many are still available. If the availability goes to zero, additional devices won't connect until one or more leases are freed up.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
pcardelli

Post by pcardelli »

its good that the lease is only 30 mins. So that means every15 minutes devices will renew their lease.

I was monitoring our first block of meetings and we hit 159 out of 159 by hour 3, 30 minutes before the third ward enters the building. So looks like I'll be requesting another block. We have 20-30 Mbps download speeds at our buildings so not an issue.
harddrive

Post by harddrive »

You can find out if you go to a command prompt and type in ipconfig /all and I believe that you will get the lease time.
CleggGP
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by CleggGP »

The Church is introducing a new Meetinghouse Firewall configuration that provides faster firewall data throughput, and creates a large DHCP address pool in the Public Network space. See the following link for a better description.
https://tech.lds.org/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 93#p127355

Return to “Meetinghouse Internet”