Extended Access Firewall Limits

Discussions about Internet service providers (ISPs), the Meetinghouse Firewall, wired and wireless networking, usage, management, and support of Meetinghouse Internet
techgy
Community Moderators

Extended Access Firewall Limits

Post by techgy »

I'm hoping that a church employee will read this and take note.
I've seen other tech threads regarding this same issue and it needs to be addressed.
Our stake has one building that's on the fringes of getting good DSL and we've been investigating the possibility of switching to a local cable internet provider (TimeWarnerCable).

Unfortunately, the firewall blocks all access to that address!! So ordering the equipment or getting tech support from their web site is impossible from behind these firewalls.

Brethren, can someone please review these blocks?? The major cable companies should be accessable or wards & stakes that require cable would be out of luck.

mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

Techgy wrote:I'm hoping that a church employee will read this and take note.
I've seen other tech threads regarding this same issue and it needs to be addressed.
Our stake has one building that's on the fringes of getting good DSL and we've been investigating the possibility of switching to a local cable internet provider (TimeWarnerCable).

Unfortunately, the firewall blocks all access to that address!! So ordering the equipment or getting tech support from their web site is impossible from behind these firewalls.

Brethren, can someone please review these blocks?? The major cable companies should be accessable or wards & stakes that require cable would be out of luck.

I believe there is a link or something on that Block Page you are seeing where you can make a request to CHQ for an individual site to be added to the Allowed List. But that's only one site domain at a time, not all Cable companies.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

There's no method of suggesting a modification of the filter on the Meetinghouse Internet firewalls.
The function is only available on the Family History Center firewalls.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

That's true. Currently the PIX device is the only one that provides a link.

I agree, there should be a place we can make requests for unblocking certain sites while behind the ASA firewall.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Techgy wrote:There's no method of suggesting a modification of the filter on the Meetinghouse Internet firewalls.
The function is only available on the Family History Center firewalls.

If you review this post, you'll see that there is a way to send an e-mail to Websense to request the proper categorization of a site.

Return to “Meetinghouse Internet”