wireless computer and printer

Discussions about Internet service providers (ISPs), the Meetinghouse Firewall, wired and wireless networking, usage, management, and support of Meetinghouse Internet
ToponceKC

wireless computer and printer

Post by ToponceKC »

I have not had to do this in awhile so I have placed this deep in an area of my brain I can not find. I need to set up a wireless computer to our ward system with a dedicated IP address so it can always have access. I also need to set up a printer to this computer also wireless. any help would be usefull.

Thanks
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: wireless computer and printer

Post by russellhltn »

tm.lds.org will tell you the static IP range for the firewall of your building.

Although, it would be best if they were both wired. Wireless can be fickle.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ToponceKC

Post by ToponceKC »

Thank you
While I agree with the wireless thing. This is a laptop the stake president is using. And a printer as well.
ToponceKC

Post by ToponceKC »

One last thing how do I find the printer on the wireless network I have been trying with no success. And once found how do I get the laptop to recognize it.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Many church wireless systems have two IP pools. If the computer is in one and the printer is in the other, it will not be discovered. You'll have to enter the IP address manually.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ToponceKC

Post by ToponceKC »

Thanks again

Return to “Meetinghouse Internet”