Announcing a new Technology Manager Feature

Discussions about Internet service providers (ISPs), the Meetinghouse Firewall, wired and wireless networking, usage, management, and support of Meetinghouse Internet
spencerto
Church Employee
Church Employee

Announcing a new Technology Manager Feature

Post by spencerto »

We have a new feature ready to release, remote reboot for the 881W firewalls.
Restart Firewall.png
Restart Firewall
(23.07 KiB) Downloaded 1181 times
Your firewall must be reachable in order for the remote reboot feature to work. You can check Technology Manager's ability to reach your firewall by clicking the Check Status button before attempting to restart the firewall.

Rebooting the firewall may require several minutes, so plan accordingly. If possible, we recommend checking the Usage Statistics Tab to make sure the firewall isn't be used before rebooting.

In general, you shouldn't need to restart the firewall unless there are issues that require it. The 881W is designed to be highly available and shouldn't generally need to be restarted, but we are pleased to provide this new feature as an option of last resort.

Feel free to post any questions or comments regarding this new feature.

Thanks,
Tony
clingmann

Re: Announcing a new Technology Manager Feature

Post by clingmann »

Thanks for giving us an advanced notification!
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

This is a fantastic feature (though with my 881W's I haven't had to reboot any for troubleshooting as I had to with both PIX and ASA....) Thanks for posting the feature release as well.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

spencerto wrote:We have a new feature ready to release, remote reboot for the 881W firewalls.
Do you have a release date? I checked just now and didn't see this feature.
spencerto
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by spencerto »

This feature should appear within the next 24-48 hours.
rolandc

Post by rolandc »

Thanks for letting us know. Also thanks for being active on the board, its really a great help.
Roland
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Moderator note

Post by jdlessley »

[Moderator note: The topic of this thread is the announcement of a new TM feature, remote reboot for the 881W firewalls. Please keep the discussion, in accordance with the Code of Conduct, focused on that one announcement. All other topic discussions and issues should be posted in a thread discussing that topic. If one does not exist, start a new thread.]
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
JamesAnderson

Post by JamesAnderson »

Thanks JD, I'm thinking these posts related to the question about reports for home firewall users need to be split off from the 881W thread, could you put these in a new thread?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

JamesAnderson wrote:Thanks JD, I'm thinking these posts related to the question about reports for home firewall users need to be split off from the 881W thread, could you put these in a new thread?
Done.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
bookofnorman

Post by bookofnorman »

I am not seeing this feature, has it been withdrawn?

Return to “Meetinghouse Internet”