New Technology Manager Features

Discussions about Internet service providers (ISPs), the Meetinghouse Firewall, wired and wireless networking, usage, management, and support of Meetinghouse Internet
rogerscr

New Technology Manager Features

Post by rogerscr »

I just noticed TM has a new feature called Building Password. What is the purpose of this feature and is it functional yet? Is this a way of locking down WiFi during Webcasts?

I noticed there is much more information exposed as well including connected APs etc. Anything key here?
johnshaw

Re: New Technology Manager Features

Post by johnshaw »

Pretty sweet stuff.... Why are we continually finding these things by surprise?
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
rogerscr

Post by rogerscr »

Having been involved in software development I understand the desire to not advertise that which may or may not work. I just hope they give us some instructions eventually.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

rogerscr wrote:I just noticed TM has a new feature called Building Password. What is the purpose of this feature and is it functional yet? Is this a way of locking down WiFi during Webcasts?
I just checked and it would appear that the "password" feature has been pulled. At least I couldn't find it. Maybe someone jumped the gun.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

rogerscr wrote:Having been involved in software development I understand the desire to not advertise that which may or may not work. I just hope they give us some instructions eventually.
I don't understand why it continues to be ok that as STS we are so out-of-the-loop... with the Tech Board, all our email addresses known, we're all very excited for the new dhcp scope usage stats... why not tell us that it has been implemented......

It's posted to the tm.lds.org page, but nowhere else. Some of these features were items I requested (and I'm sure others) in the feedback links.. I even exchanged email with the team on this item. Seems like letting us know would be nice to do. But no doubt, someone in the church was notified that it was released.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

The new features are awesome -- or more than awesome.

I did receive an email a few weeks ago about the ability to edit ISP information, but not about the other features.

Return to “Meetinghouse Internet”