Firewall Filtering Not Working

Discussions about Internet service providers (ISPs), the Meetinghouse Firewall, wired and wireless networking, usage, management, and support of Meetinghouse Internet
techgy
Community Moderators

Firewall Filtering Not Working

Post by techgy »

I noticed about 15 minutes ago that the "General" filtering level is not working thus giving me full access to ANY web site. After notifying the Global Service Desk I was told that a report had been turned in and that the team was working on the problem. Hopefully, this will be corrected this week.
parktw

Re: Firewall Filtering Not Working

Post by parktw »

This is an issue we heard about late last week. It looks like most of the churches websense servers are saturated so they are going to be adding a few more servers this week. Your building definitely isn't alone in being affected.

If your building still isn't filtering at the end of this week, I would first power cycle it on the off chance that the servers are in and it just didn't connect. If that doesn't do it, I would call the Global Service Center again and we can take a look at it. More than likely though, once the servers are in, it will just start working.
techgy
Community Moderators

Re: Firewall Filtering Not Working

Post by techgy »

parktw wrote:.....If your building still isn't filtering at the end of this week, I would first power cycle it on the off chance that the servers are in and it just didn't connect. If that doesn't do it, I would call the Global Service Center again and we can take a look at it.
My plan exactly. Thanks for the confirmation.

Return to “Meetinghouse Internet”