What area am I in?

Discussions about Internet service providers (ISPs), the Meetinghouse Firewall, wired and wireless networking, usage, management, and support of Meetinghouse Internet
russellhltn
Community Administrator

What area am I in?

Post by russellhltn »

OK, I know this is going to sound a bit lame, but how do I find out what area I'm located in? MI is being rolled out by area and I don't know which one I belong to. I don't usually interact with the area authorities so I don't know - and try as I might, I can't seem to find out how the areas are divided up.

Sure, I can wait until the Stake President comes to talk to me, but I'd like to be ready when he asks.
JamesAnderson

Post by JamesAnderson »

Much of Michigan would probably be North America Northeast, if you are around like Benton Harbor maybe the area that includes Chicago. Possibly looking up some area assignment notices in the Ensign online ('Church in the News' section in the back) and usually the July or August issue has some information on what areas have new members of the Presidency (until 2006 when they gave the Presidency the responsibility over North America, exclucing Mexico and the Carribean).
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

RussellHltn wrote:OK, I know this is going to sound a bit lame, but how do I find out what area I'm located in? MI is being rolled out by area and I don't know which one I belong to. I don't usually interact with the area authorities so I don't know - and try as I might, I can't seem to find out how the areas are divided up.

Sure, I can wait until the Stake President comes to talk to me, but I'd like to be ready when he asks.

The August 2007 Ensign has a map of all the areas. Look on pages 76 and 77 in the PDF version at http://lds.org/Static%20Files/PDF/Magazines/Ensign/English/2007/EN_2007_08_20___00608_000_029.pdf. You'll need to zoom in, and it's not a really precise map if you are near the edge of an area, but it might give you a good idea.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

RussellHltn wrote:OK, I know this is going to sound a bit lame, but how do I find out what area I'm located in? MI is being rolled out by area and I don't know which one I belong to. I don't usually interact with the area authorities so I don't know - and try as I might, I can't seem to find out how the areas are divided up.

Another resource is the Directory of Leaders, either the CD that is sent out every 6 months or so, or the online CDOL, if you are one of the lucky few who has access to that. For each ward, it lists every other entity it belongs to (stake, mission, temple district, welfare region, area, etc.).
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Alan_Brown wrote:The August 2007 Ensign has a map of all the areas. Look on pages 76 and 77 in the PDF version at http://lds.org/Static%20Files/PDF/Magazines/Ensign/English/2007/EN_2007_08_20___00608_000_029.pdf. You'll need to zoom in, and it's not a really precise map if you are near the edge of an area, but it might give you a good idea.

Thanks. That was close enough to answer my question. I'm not in SouthWest.

Return to “Meetinghouse Internet”