Username and passwords for BT Voyager broadband modems

Discussions about Internet service providers (ISPs), the Meetinghouse Firewall, wired and wireless networking, usage, management, and support of Meetinghouse Internet
sphester

Username and passwords for BT Voyager broadband modems

Post by sphester »

Hi

Does anyone know what the user name and password might be to log into my units BT voyager modem. Please PM the details i don;t expect or want them directly available in the forum.

I ask as I've been given some checks to do to help try and fix the vpn connection thats not working. Basically the church GSC can't get to the pic501 firewall remotely.

It's likely to have something to do with the connection between the modem and the pic. Yet I'm struggling to get the info I need in order get into the modem to bottom out this fault and finally get it fixed.

Thanks
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Where does that modem come from? In the US, it's typically provided by the ISP. Sometimes if you ask nicely, they'll change it out with something that is just a modem and doesn't have a bunch of fancy features (Router, wireless, DHCP, etc) that interfere with the intended use.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sphester

Post by sphester »

RussellHltn wrote:Where does that modem come from? In the US, it's typically provided by the ISP. Sometimes if you ask nicely, they'll change it out with something that is just a modem and doesn't have a bunch of fancy features (Router, wireless, DHCP, etc) that interfere with the intended use.
The router/modem is supplied by the ISP in this case BT which is ISP supplying all the UK ward broadband.

I'm not sure there will be any option to have the modem swapped out. I'm having enough trouble trying to just get the username and password from the FM. I'm not sure what sort of reaction I'd get if I asked for it to be replaced for something like you suggest.

I've posted some info I got from a church employee on a separate thread as to why the VPN is not working. https://tech.lds.org/forum/showthread.p ... t=sphester

Will see what i can sort out.
sphester

Post by sphester »

All sorted now yippee!

How odd that the user name and password supplied by the FM was wrong yet a member who gave me the password from these forums had it right thanks Biggles.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

The password etc., supplied by the FM was probably correct for the initial installation, but these can get changed when the system is configured to work with the church firewalls. As happened in my case, last year, when the modem and router were replaced.

Return to “Meetinghouse Internet”