Swap out of ASA5505?

Discussions about Internet service providers (ISPs), the Meetinghouse Firewall, wired and wireless networking, usage, management, and support of Meetinghouse Internet
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

A memo will be coming out regarding this -- as microwaved alluded to the 881W is required to implement the future LDS Account authentication that will be forthcoming. I do not know the exact timing of either the memo or the equipment replacement however.
Craig
South Jordan, UT
harddrive

Post by harddrive »

craiggsmith wrote:A memo will be coming out regarding this -- as microwaved alluded to the 881W is required to implement the future LDS Account authentication that will be forthcoming. I do not know the exact timing of either the memo or the equipment replacement however.

Craig, thank you for the information. One other question is this, will we be able to keep our "generic" WAPS or will they have to be replaced. The reason that I asked is this. I have in all but one of my building, I'm using something other than the Cisco 1041n for my WAP. Will they work with the new setup or will I need to replace those when this memo comes out?

Thanks for letting me know.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

harddrive wrote:Craig, thank you for the information. One other question is this, will we be able to keep our "generic" WAPS or will they have to be replaced.
Craig can probably answer more definitively than I can, but I believe to implement the LDS Account login, the WAPs will need to be able to handle VLANs, multiple SSID's, etc., and I'm sure CHQ would like to have their own gear installed to ensure complete functionality.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Mikerowaved wrote:Craig can probably answer more definitively than I can, but I believe to implement the LDS Account login, the WAPs will need to be able to handle VLANs, multiple SSID's, etc., and I'm sure CHQ would like to have their own gear installed to ensure complete functionality.

I was under the impression that it was going to be done at the firewall as it was to affect all connections. Time will tell.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

RussellHltn wrote:I was under the impression that it was going to be done at the firewall as it was to affect all connections. Time will tell.
Yep, I'm sure it will be, but all the supporting gear (wired and wireless) must be able to work together to make it happen.
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

I think they are going to replace the WAPs as well, but I'll try to confirm that.
Craig
South Jordan, UT
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

Sounds like this will be up to the FMs.
Craig
South Jordan, UT

Return to “Meetinghouse Internet”