Firewall Zones

Discussions about Internet service providers (ISPs), the Meetinghouse Firewall, wired and wireless networking, usage, management, and support of Meetinghouse Internet
superdave98

Firewall Zones

Post by superdave98 »

Greetings,

Before the firewall change, we had a VPN zone that was used for the Family History Center. Now, after the firewall replacement, we have 3 zones, USER, FAC and SP. So, the USER zone has been what we used for APs, etc. As I understand it, the FAC zone is for the FM group's use for future smart devices. What is the SP zone intended to be? Does that replace the old VPN zone for the Family History Center, or is it for something else.

As the STS, I feel completely out of the loop on the firewall change. The first I heard of the change was when the contractor showed up to do the replacement.

Thanks,
Dave
Biggles

Re: Firewall Zones

Post by Biggles »

In the Help Centre notes for TM https://www.lds.org/help/support/techno ... s?lang=eng

Near the bottom of the page the new labelling system is explained.
CleggGP
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Firewall Zones

Post by CleggGP »

superdave98 wrote:... As the STS, I feel completely out of the loop on the firewall change.
Firewall replacement work is being coordinated by facilities managers. A summary of the Meetinghouse Firewall Replacement Project is included on mhtech.lds.org.

Return to “Meetinghouse Internet”