Uninstall replaced Firewall from Tech Manager

Discussions about Internet service providers (ISPs), the Meetinghouse Firewall, wired and wireless networking, usage, management, and support of Meetinghouse Internet
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Uninstall replaced Firewall from Tech Manager

Post by russellhltn »

nelsonfam wrote:Not sure why the feature is restricted to GSC personnel only so I'll ask about permissions. You can always open a ticket with the GSC and have them do it. Then if something break it's their fault :)...
I think there's quite a few people with permissions to TM. It only takes one to mess everything up. So it might be restricted to GSC. The tools they do let us play with are fairly benign.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ccordoba24

Post by ccordoba24 »

nelsonfam wrote:

Not sure why the feature is restricted to GSC personnel only so I'll ask about permissions. You can always open a ticket with the GSC and have them do it. Then if something break it's their fault :)...
Well, the saga continues. The GSC wouldn't do anything. Maybe they're trying to avoid blame if it does break. They wrote back saying I should call PF. I actually started out with those guys but because they had no clue I turned to this forum. So the non-existent cisco is still there according to TM, and it's been over an hour since it contacted Hq, but it doesn't exist, so I guess they will be waiting around for a long time there in some office in Salt Lake City... :(

By the way we only have one cisco installed in our entire stake, so who knows what will happen when we actually do end up getting one in each church building!
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

charly3358 wrote:The GSC wouldn't do anything. Maybe they're trying to avoid blame if it does break. They wrote back saying I should call PF.
Ask the Facilities Management Group to report that the firewall has been removed and to delete it from the system. Perhaps they forgot to do that when you turned it in to them for disposal.
nelsonfam
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by nelsonfam »

charly3358 wrote:
nelsonfam wrote:

Not sure why the feature is restricted to GSC personnel only so I'll ask about permissions. You can always open a ticket with the GSC and have them do it. Then if something break it's their fault :)...
Well, the saga continues. The GSC wouldn't do anything. Maybe they're trying to avoid blame if it does break. They wrote back saying I should call PF. I actually started out with those guys but because they had no clue I turned to this forum. So the non-existent cisco is still there according to TM, and it's been over an hour since it contacted Hq, but it doesn't exist, so I guess they will be waiting around for a long time there in some office in Salt Lake City... :(

By the way we only have one cisco installed in our entire stake, so who knows what will happen when we actually do end up getting one in each church building!
It hasn't reported any stats in 15 days. I removed it :)..
ccordoba24

Post by ccordoba24 »

Cheers

Return to “Meetinghouse Internet”