Help. Can't change primary email

Use this forum to discuss issues that are not found in any of the other clerk and stake technology specialist forums.
kessingm
New Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:19 am

Help. Can't change primary email

Postby kessingm » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:20 am

I've recently been called to a position that is going to entail sending and receiving a lot of emails. So, I set up a new gmail account and set it as my primary email account in my profile. But when someone sends a submission to the stake calendar it is not going to the gmail account. Instead it goes to an old hotmail account that I originally used to log in to LDS.org.

When I navigate to "update profile" my old hotmail address is listed as my "LDS Account Primary E-mail Address".
UpdateProfile.jpg
(53.4 KiB) Downloaded 59 times


So I click on "Update e-mail addresses". A new window opens for the "LDS Account Profile Manager". On the LDS Account Profile Manager page, however, my gmail address is already listed as my primary e-mail address.
ProfileMgr.jpg
(43.65 KiB) Downloaded 58 times


I'm pulling my hair out. I cannot find anywhere in my profile where I can get rid of the hotmail address. Now any time I get stake calendar submissions, they go to my hotmail account. This despite the fact that I cannot find any way to change the hotmail account and despite the fact that the LDS Account Profile Manager lists the gmail address as my Primary E-mail Address.

Also of note, if I log into the Stake Administrator portion of the website and click on my name, then the hotmail address is also listed as my email address.

Any thoughts on where I would be able to edit the hotmail address? Thank you in advance for any ideas or suggestions.

russellhltn
Community Administrator
Posts: 20723
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: U.S.

Postby russellhltn » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:18 am

kessingm wrote:Any thoughts on where I would be able to edit the hotmail address? Thank you in advance for any ideas or suggestions.


How long has it been since you updated? When I went to my LUWS profile, I saw "(Note: It may take up to 24 hours for these E-mail addresses to be updated from LDS Account.)"
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

User avatar
aebrown
Community Administrator
Posts: 14685
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:48 pm
Location: Sandy, Utah

Postby aebrown » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:32 am

kessingm wrote:Any thoughts on where I would be able to edit the hotmail address? Thank you in advance for any ideas or suggestions.


The email address is supposed to be synchronized across systems, so this does seem odd. But there are two other places you could try. The easiest is for you to go into the new Directory (http://lds.org/directory), go to My Household, then Edit Profile, and change your address there. You could also ask your ward clerk to change your address in MLS.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

kessingm
New Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:19 am

Postby kessingm » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:48 am

aebrown wrote:The email address is supposed to be synchronized across systems, so this does seem odd. But there are two other places you could try. The easiest is for you to go into the new Directory (http://lds.org/directory), go to My Household, then Edit Profile, and change your address there. You could also ask your ward clerk to change your address in MLS.


RussellHtn and aebrown, thank you for the responses. It has been a number of weeks since I changed the email addresses. I looked at the lds.org/directory and it has my gmail address correctly listed there. I have also been in MLS with the stake clerk and the email address there is correctly listed as my gmail address.

Any other thoughts anyone may have would be appreciated.

eblood66
Senior Member
Posts: 2023
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:17 am
Location: Cumming, GA, USA

Postby eblood66 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:17 am

kessingm wrote:RussellHtn and aebrown, thank you for the responses. It has been a number of weeks since I changed the email addresses. I looked at the lds.org/directory and it has my gmail address correctly listed there. I have also been in MLS with the stake clerk and the email address there is correctly listed as my gmail address.

Any other thoughts anyone may have would be appreciated.


I would suggest contacting LDSAccount support.

kessingm
New Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:19 am

Postby kessingm » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:47 am

eblood66 wrote:I would suggest contacting LDSAccount support.


I contacted LDSAccount Support. I am not sure what they did, but they had it resolved within about 24 hours.

Thank you all for your help.


Return to “General Clerk Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest