How do I determine how many endowed members have a current recommend?

Use this forum to discuss issues that are not found in any of the other clerk and stake technology specialist forums.
oh8clerk-p40
New Member
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:48 pm
Location: Provo, UT, USA

How do I determine how many endowed members have a current recommend?

Postby oh8clerk-p40 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:28 pm

I am doing the quarterly report for the first time and am not sure how to determine how many endowed adults have a current temple recommend. Any ideas?

lajackson
Community Moderators
Posts: 6143
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:27 pm
Location: US

Postby lajackson » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:42 pm

oh8clerk wrote:I am doing the quarterly report for the first time and am not sure how to determine how many endowed adults have a current temple recommend. Any ideas?


Yes. Go to the Membership > More > Temple Recommends panel.
Click on the Endowed Without Recommend link.

Subtract that number (at the bottom right) from the number of endowed adults shown on the quarterly report. The difference will be the ones who have recommends.

Or you could do a fancy custom report.

jdlessley
Community Moderators
Posts: 6526
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:30 pm
Location: USA, TX

Postby jdlessley » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:04 pm

Or go to Membership > Temple Recommends > Current Recommend Holders and read the number in the lower right of the page.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the LDS.org Help Center page or the LDSTech wiki?

lajackson
Community Moderators
Posts: 6143
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:27 pm
Location: US

Postby lajackson » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:27 pm

jdlessley wrote:Or go to Membership > Temple Recommends > Current Recommend Holders and read the number in the lower right of the page.


Ah, if only there were such a link it would be so much easier. Am I missing something?

jdlessley
Community Moderators
Posts: 6526
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:30 pm
Location: USA, TX

Postby jdlessley » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:42 am

lajackson wrote:Am I missing something?
This requires edit membership rights. It is not there for view membership only rights. Sorry.

Using the menu it is Membership > Temple Recommends > Current Recommend Holders. Using the panes it is the Membership Records pane, click "more..."; in the Temple Recommends pane, click Current Recommend Holders.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the LDS.org Help Center page or the LDSTech wiki?

lajackson
Community Moderators
Posts: 6143
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:27 pm
Location: US

Postby lajackson » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:48 am

jdlessley wrote:This requires edit membership rights. It is not there for view membership only rights. Sorry.

Using the menu it is Membership > Temple Recommends > Current Recommend Holders. Using the panes it is the Membership Records pane, click "more..."; in the Temple Recommends pane, click Current Recommend Holders.


I am an admin. I do not see Current Recommend Holders as a link in the Temple Recommends pane, sorry. It makes intuitive sense that there might be such a link, especially since we are reporting that information, but I am not finding one.

On the other hand, MLS could be programmed to report that information if we kept the temple recommend information updated. [grin]

oh8clerk-p40
New Member
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:48 pm
Location: Provo, UT, USA

Postby oh8clerk-p40 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:33 pm

I am also not able to see "Current Recommend Holders" and I believe I have full administrative rights. So I counted how many endowed people did not have a recommend as suggested by Lajackson. But if MLS already has this information, why is it not automatically entered in the quarterly report?


Return to “General Clerk Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 1 guest