Number of full-time missionaries for Officers Sustained

Use this forum to discuss issues that are not found in any of the other clerk and stake technology specialist forums.
drepouille
Senior Member
Posts: 1229
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:06 pm
Location: Plattsmouth, NE
Contact:

Number of full-time missionaries for Officers Sustained

Postby drepouille » Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:58 pm

I have been reviewing the Missionary Online Recommendation System, trying to count the Number of full-time missionaries for the Officers Sustained report for my next stake conference.

I have to inspect each missionary's record to determine whether to count him or her. In many cases, my stake is not the Membership Unit, but the name appears because we are the Home Unit, Submitting Unit, or Funding Unit.

My best guess is that I should only count a missionary for the Officers Sustained report if my stake is listed as the Membership Unit, regardless of what other units are listed.

Where can I find official guidance for this?
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska

User avatar
aebrown
Community Administrator
Posts: 14693
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:48 pm
Location: Sandy, Utah

Re: Number of full-time missionaries for Officers Sustained

Postby aebrown » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:11 am

drepouille wrote:My best guess is that I should only count a missionary for the Officers Sustained report if my stake is listed as the Membership Unit, regardless of what other units are listed.

Where can I find official guidance for this?

I don't know of any official guidance on this detail. But personally, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Yes, the Officers Sustained form is part of the historical record, but this particular item is labeled as "For the information of stake/ward members, the number of members of the stake/ward serving full-time missions is x." It's just for informational purposes, so make a reasonable effort to come up with a number and be done.

User avatar
jeromer7
Member
Posts: 228
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 11:46 am
Location: Bellevue, Nebraska

Re: Number of full-time missionaries for Officers Sustained

Postby jeromer7 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:28 pm

What I do is take the CFS for the month prior to stake conference and count the number of "($400.00)" entries in the Expense column for each unit in the Ward Missionary Summary section (pages 4-6). Fast and easy as each such entry represents an active missionary as of the month prior to stake conference.

lajackson
Community Moderators
Posts: 6139
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:27 pm
Location: US

Re: Number of full-time missionaries for Officers Sustained

Postby lajackson » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:04 pm

We usually print a list of their names and mission addresses on the Sunday program. It is easy to count from there. [smile]

TinMan
Member
Posts: 472
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:08 am
Location: Bountiful, UT, USA

Re: Number of full-time missionaries for Officers Sustained

Postby TinMan » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:07 pm

jeromer7 wrote:What I do is take the CFS for the month prior to stake conference and count the number of "($400.00)" entries in the Expense column for each unit in the Ward Missionary Summary section (pages 4-6). Fast and easy as each such entry represents an active missionary as of the month prior to stake conference.


You don't include couples serving full time missions in the count?

User avatar
jeromer7
Member
Posts: 228
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 11:46 am
Location: Bellevue, Nebraska

Re: Number of full-time missionaries for Officers Sustained

Postby jeromer7 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:35 pm

TinMan wrote:
jeromer7 wrote:What I do is take the CFS for the month prior to stake conference and count the number of "($400.00)" entries in the Expense column for each unit in the Ward Missionary Summary section (pages 4-6). Fast and easy as each such entry represents an active missionary as of the month prior to stake conference.


You don't include couples serving full time missions in the count?

Good point, but we don't currently have any. Something I'll have to take into account in the future though. Thanks for bringing it up!


Return to “General Clerk Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest