What resources (online or offline) would you recommend for a new stake clerk who:
- was a ward clerk 30 years ago, but has never worked with church finances.
- has been the stake executive secretary for several years.
- has been the stake technology specialist for over 15 years.
Hypothetically speaking, of course.
Use this forum to discuss issues that are not found in any of the other clerk and stake technology specialist forums.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
There are an abundance of materials available, but here's what I would focus on:
- Handbook 1, Section 13.3.2 (and 13.3.3 regarding assistant clerks)
- Browse through Leader and Clerk Resources to see what's available (although much of it you could see because of your previous callings)
- Stake Clerk's Responsibilities online training, and lots of other materials available on the new Record Keeping and Technology Support site.
- Regarding finances, you might want to recommend that an assistant clerk be assigned or called who can help you with that. When I was an assistant stake clerk assigned to finances, I pretty much handled everything related to finances, and the stake clerk didn't have to worry about it. That doesn't remove your ultimate responsibility, but offloads much of the work and detailed knowledge. Of course, you can certainly learn how to do the finances yourself, using the lessons available on the RKATS site.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest