Complete Text of Boundary

Use this forum to discuss issues that are not found in any of the other clerk and stake technology specialist forums.
User avatar
New Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:06 pm
Location: Fort Valley, GA

Complete Text of Boundary

Postby egowen » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:12 pm

Does anyone know how to get a copy of the ward boundary description in text form?

Bishop Gowen
Edward J Gowen Jr
Perry Ward, Georgia, USA

Senior Member
Posts: 750
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:03 pm

Postby JamesAnderson » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:43 pm

Haven't heard of anyone asking this before, but family history experts who specialize in land records know of something called 'metes and bounds', this is used in several states in lieu of townships and ranges in the US. Some of the actual terminology may be different, and may vary also, but you get the idea though.

Basically, you can come up with a description in a simiar fashion. Here's a simple one for a ward in my stake.

'Starting at the corner of 500 North and 500 East, go east two blocks to 300 West, then south three blocks on 300 West to 200 North, then west two blocks on 200 North to 500 West, then north three blocks on 500 West to the point of origin, 500 North.'

Community Administrator
Posts: 23900
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: U.S.

Postby russellhltn » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:57 pm

A better question might be is how are boundaries "described"? At one time it was text, but I'm not sure as that's the case now.

I think I'd try the same way as getting maps from CHQ.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "" to the search criteria.

Community Moderators
Posts: 7615
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:27 pm
Location: US

Postby lajackson » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:01 pm

egowen wrote:Does anyone know how to get a copy of the ward boundary description in text form?

Check with your stake clerk. Your stake probably sent in a written boundary description the last time there was a change.

The written description is no longer required, however. You just mark up a current map with the new changes. (And with all the other application paperwork and approvals, of course.)

Return to “General Clerk Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest