Page 1 of 1

Access to CDOL

Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:12 pm
by hansg
Hi everyone,

I participated in some on-line conversations in the past about who had access to CDOL. A 1st counselor in a bishopric in my stake does NOT have access. That suprises me. Is that a fluke, or is that standard? I figured if they gave assistant ward clerks access they would surely give bishopric counselors access.

He is correctly listed in CDOL as the 1st counselor, by the way. . .

Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:23 pm
by russellhltn
According to this he should have access.

You may want to run some checks to make sure that his LDS account is correctly identified with him and not someone else (like his wife). One way to do that is log into ldsaccount.lds.org and edit the profile. Check to see if the gender and birthdate are correct.

Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:08 am
by PartridgeRM
hansg wrote:He is correctly listed in CDOL as the 1st counselor, by the way. . .


Meaning that it is a standard position and not a custom position, right?

Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:08 pm
by geowizrd
by the way, it looks like the info in the wiki may be a little too broad when it comes to clerks. an "assistant ward clerk" in our ward was not able to access CDOL, and received this response from slc:

Only the assistant ward clerk-membership receives CDOL access, and the individual must be added to the standard (the position with a star to the left) position in MLS.

so apparently the wiki should say "Ward Clerk and Assistant Ward Clerk - Membership" (instead of Ward Clerk and Assistant Clerks)

Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:04 pm
by jonesrk
geowizrd wrote:by the way, it looks like the info in the wiki may be a little too broad when it comes to clerks. an "assistant ward clerk" in our ward was not able to access CDOL, and received this response from slc:

Only the assistant ward clerk-membership receives CDOL access, and the individual must be added to the standard (the position with a star to the left) position in MLS.

so apparently the wiki should say "Ward Clerk and Assistant Ward Clerk - Membership" (instead of Ward Clerk and Assistant Clerks)

I just checked in CDOL and the rights are the same for all three assistant ward clerk positions.

Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:10 pm
by jdlessley
geowizrd wrote:by the way, it looks like the info in the wiki may be a little too broad when it comes to clerks. an "assistant ward clerk" in our ward was not able to access CDOL, and received this response from slc:

Only the assistant ward clerk-membership receives CDOL access, and the individual must be added to the standard (the position with a star to the left) position in MLS.

so apparently the wiki should say "Ward Clerk and Assistant Ward Clerk - Membership" (instead of Ward Clerk and Assistant Clerks)
Actually the wiki is correct and the response you received from SLC is not. I am an assistant ward clerk - finance and have access to CDOL. This access is limited as to what can be viewed or done but I do have access.

The thing to check for the assistant clerk who does not have access is that the calling listed in MLS is not a custom calling but rather a standard calling. In MLS a standard calling is listed with a yellow star. A custom calling is listed with an orange dot. Someone else with CDOL access can check CDOL to see if and how the brother's calling is listed. In CDOL a custom position is listed in black font while custom positions are listed in orange font.

Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:55 pm
by jonesrk
JonesRK wrote:I just checked in CDOL and the rights are the same for all three assistant ward clerk positions.

I just found a bug with this so that any assistant clerk positions created since CDOL 3.0 released won't have rights. :(
I have fixed it for the next release and will see what I can do for the interim.