LDS tools app - Ministering assignments

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
davesudweeks

Re: LDS tools app - Ministering assignments

Post by davesudweeks »

klorimer wrote:I only have 2 ministering districts showing up in the RS. How do I add a third?
Log in to lds.org and go to Leader and Clerk Resources (click on your name to see the LCR selection)
Click Ministering | Relief Society
On the page that opens, click the Assignments tab
click the button on the far right called Add District.
DougieDoug

Post by DougieDoug »

lajackson wrote:
DougieDoug wrote:Apps are updated, district leaders are set; members who are not in leadership roles canning see their assignments nor their ministers.
With the change from Home and Visiting Teaching to Ministering, there has been a complete rewrite of the associated code at Leader and Clerk Resources that feeds LDS Tools. Part of the change requires that the latest version of LDS Tools (version 3.5.0) be used, and that newly released version requires later versions of iOS and Android.

For details, please see the LDS Tools forum posts and the posts under either Android or iPhone/iPad LDS Tools appropriate for your device.

Yes, I understand that the lastest versions must be installed. I stated the the apps are updated. Everything is up to date. There no other updates to be installed. The phone and the app. All updates are completed. Members on non leadership roles still cannot see their ministers, nor their ministering assignments on their updated phones with their updates apps.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

DougieDoug wrote:Members on non leadership roles still cannot see their ministers, nor their ministering assignments on their updated phones with their updates apps.
That's really strange as that's not what other people experence. There's no known setting in the new system that would cause that.

I'd suggest checking with more non-leaders, especially those who have Android. (As iOS seems to have be problematic at the moment.)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ggraham

Post by ggraham »

Android Version 6.0.1 and LDS Tools 3.5.1 and as of today, 8/25 I still cannot see my Ministering List that I could see prior to the update. When will this be fixed? :cry:
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

ggraham wrote:Android Version 6.0.1 and LDS Tools 3.5.1 and as of today, 8/25 I still cannot see my Ministering List that I could see prior to the update. When will this be fixed? :cry:
Suggest you send feedback within your LDSTools app. That will provide device information to the developers. Unless someone on this user-to-user forum happens to have your same versions, no-one here will likely be able to give sound advice. I have seen some other threads that indicate there have been a fair number of problems for users both Android and IOS in this new release (I am unable to install this version as my device is too old).
joebot

Post by joebot »

Is there anyway to review/edit ministering interviews from the previous quarter? I see that you can do this on LDS.org, but it looks like only current quarter is available on LDS Tools app.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

joebot wrote:Is there anyway to review/edit ministering interviews from the previous quarter? I see that you can do this on LDS.org, but it looks like only current quarter is available on LDS Tools app.
It appears that LDS Tools will only give you the current quarter, so if ministering interviews need to be recorded for the previous quarter, you will need to go to LDS.org to do so.
brucep82

Post by brucep82 »

Can't see how to edit previous quarter ministering assignments, which had not been entered correctly previously.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

Select Ministering and then either Elders Quorum or Relief Society
In the options at the top (right below "Ministering Brothers" or "Ministering Sisters"), you should see a selection box that states "Current Quarter" but you can change that to the previous quarter to update the interviews
cjohn1949

Post by cjohn1949 »

Thank you. I tried this, but when I change to the previous quarter I cannot edit the district and companionships. Our relief society president just yesterday entered the district supervisor and the companionship assignments for the current quarter, but she, too, says she can't make any changes to the previous quarter, so our report will show zero interviews when I submit it today.

Return to “Member Tools”