Financial Clerk Training - Audit Question

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
chrispremo

Financial Clerk Training - Audit Question

Post by chrispremo »

Question 3 of the Audit asks: Has each of the bishopric members and clerks responsible for finances reviewed the financial training lessons during the last year?

The lessons are found in the Record-Keeping and Technology Support section of LDS.org

I know there used to be training videos, but I'm unable to find them anymore. Have they been removed??? All there are now are Topical "text" instructions. Are the clerks required to review all of these topics to be able to answer "Yes" to question 3?

URL for Record-Keeping is

"https://www.lds.org/callings/melchizede ... e?lang=eng"

for English speaking clerks.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Financial Clerk Training - Audit Question

Post by aebrown »

chrispremo wrote:The lessons are found in the Record-Keeping and Technology Support section of LDS.org

I know there used to be training videos, but I'm unable to find them anymore. Have they been removed???
No, they are still available, but they are much harder to find. There are many topics in the RKATS Finance section you linked to. Some of them are only text, but several of them link to videos. See, for example, the following: All of these have a link that says "Watch the Training Presentation" -- clicking that link will bring up the training video (all of which are the same ones that were available on the old site).
chrispremo wrote:All there are now are Topical "text" instructions. Are the clerks required to review all of these topics to be able to answer "Yes" to question 3?
That's a good question. In our stake, we've just had them watch the videos on those few topics that contain training videos. Those are the topics that seem to be categorized as "training"; the other topics seem more to be in the category of "reference."
pricerd
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by pricerd »

The Church Auditing Department sent the following guidance on question 3 to assistant area auditors on March 7, 2013.
If the bishopric members, stake presidency members or stake or ward clerks responsible for finances did not review the Church Record-Keeping and Auditing Training courses available on the old site during 2012, this item should be marked “No”. The ward or stake can resolve this exception by having the individual who did not review the training courses go to new LDS.org training site and review the lesson topics available. After reviewing the lesson topics available, he should read the lessons he feels pertain to his calling.
chrispremo

Post by chrispremo »

Not being Nitpicky but . . . All the questions under the Financial section are relevant to the the Financial cleck.

So the question still is, do they have to read "ALL" of the topics on the site before we Auditor's can mark question 3 with a "Yes"??
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

chrispremo wrote:do they have to read "ALL" of the topics on the site before we Auditor's can mark question 3 with a "Yes"??
The quote in the previous post said
After reviewing the lesson topics available, he should read the lessons he feels pertain to his calling.
As I read those instructions, if he feels that all of the lessons pertain to his calling, then he should review them all. If not, he should review the ones he feels pertain to his calling.
parsadm

Post by parsadm »

how quarterly budget is editted on mls
pbjameson

Post by pbjameson »

Since this thread is about 2.5 years old, I'm finding the links aren't valid. And I can't find any training materials for ward finances on lds.org. This audit question has always been vague, but in the past we've at least had access to those videos or other information where there is now none. Anyone have some current thinking or links to such materials?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

pbjameson wrote:Since this thread is about 2.5 years old, I'm finding the links aren't valid. And I can't find any training materials for ward finances on lds.org. This audit question has always been vague, but in the past we've at least had access to those videos or other information where there is now none. Anyone have some current thinking or links to such materials?
The available training is at https://www.lds.org/help/support/record ... e?lang=eng. As far as I know there isn't anywhere that has a list that is appropriate for each calling so you have to go through and find the articles that are most applicable. For a number of articles (but not all) there is both a text version and a video version which can be selected by clicking on 'Read' or 'Watch' under the title (see this article for an example: https://www.lds.org/help/support/updati ... s?lang=eng).

Note that you have to have an applicable calling and you have to be logged into your LDS Account in order to see many of these articles.
markinskeep

Post by markinskeep »

The support site appears to have several procedural posts that aren't necessary for the audit requirement. I found the following link which appears to satisfy the annual training requirement for the audit. The other resources within the financial support section have more detailed procedures you can use for specific taks. The Financial Training Lessons section is focused on the big picture concepts of safeguarding funds. Here's the link below for the training. Hope this is useful to others as I spent the past 45 minutes of my life trying to find the training link. Hope it saves others some time and searching.

https://www.lds.org/help/support/record ... s?lang=eng
BradAlfred

Post by BradAlfred »

How do I put someone on as a temporary member so they can carry out a LUFAS audit?

Return to “Local Unit Finance”