Sophos Update Failed

Discussions around the setup, operation, replacement, and disposal of clerk computers, not to include using MLS
KeithWilson

Post by KeithWilson »

It's been almost a year since anyone reported this issue, well I have a unit that it's happening with. Any ideas?
aclawson

Post by aclawson »

Download the fixing script - search for the link in the forum.
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

The script is called fixissues.exe. But I have two computers whose updates are failing for other reasons; one is pointing to the wrong update server, and the other didn't install correctly.
Craig
South Jordan, UT
chmsant

Post by chmsant »

Same issue here on two separate machines. One is running XP, the other Win7. I've tried the fix script on both and nothing has worked....
Christopher S.
STS - Sacramento, CA (USA)
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

Try re-installing it. The re-install should take about 10 minutes; if it doesn't it probably isn't doing what it needs to do. I had some difficulties getting a couple machines to install properly. Higher level support determined that the Windows firewall was blocking some things; turning it off manually first (instead of waiting for Sophos to do it) seems to have allowed it to install and update correctly.
Craig
South Jordan, UT
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

Did another computer last night. It wouldn't update and wouldn't re-install properly until I manually turned of the Windows firewall. Then it worked fine.
Craig
South Jordan, UT

Return to “Clerk Computers”