Xerox Phaser 3250 doesn't collate

Discussions around the setup, operation, replacement, and disposal of clerk computers, not to include using MLS
greggo

Post by greggo »

If the issue is just with MLS, you can try printing one copy to .pdf and then use Acrobat Reader to print collated copies.
iswcky

Post by iswcky »

Our stake has the same problem. We have 8 Xerox 3250/DN printers. All of them have the same problem trying to print collated output from MLS. It is never is collated. We can print collated output from all of the other programs we have tried: Adobe Reader, OpenOffice, MS Office. Appears to be an issue with MLS. Just to be sure it was not an old printer driver issue we dowloaded the latest drivers from Xerox (Version:3.04.95.06), but it was the same as what we already had installed. We are using Windows 7 (32-bit) on Dell OptiPlex GX580 machines.

We replaced the Xerox printer with an HP LaserJet P2055dn. It would not print multiple copies. The same with an HP LaserJet 1200 and an HP LaserJet 1300.

Local Unit Support said that MLS is known to have printing problems in Windows 7 setups. Suggested we downgrade to Windows XP as one possible work-around. Or just print copies one at a time. Given how difficult it is to setup some reports (column widths!) it might be better to follow the previous advice given and print to a PDF, then print multiple copies from there.

Here's hoping the printing routines in MLS get updated!

Aczlan wrote:Does it collate if you print from MLS to a virtual printer? How about to another physical printer?
I wonder if this is a general MLS thing, a MLS-Xerox thing or some weird thing on just your computer?

Aaron Z
lwpinnock

Re: Xerox Phaser 3250 doesn't collate

Post by lwpinnock »

I was having the same problem with the new computers just sent out from the Church. I deleted the printer from the list of printers and reloaded the Xerox driver for the Phaser 3250. The driver downloaded was more robust with more printing options than the standard driver that came with the computer. Once the new driver was downloaded, the collating issue went away.

Return to “Clerk Computers”