Backup hardware

Discussions around the setup, operation, replacement, and disposal of clerk computers, not to include using MLS
RutzJW

Spare MLS computers

Post by RutzJW »

RussellHltn wrote:I think if a machine failed on me right at tithing settlement and FM said it would take 2 weeks, I'll call clerk support and ask them what they wanted me to do. Make it their problem.

Administrative computers are inventoried in FM groups and are assigned a default expected life. As with all meetinghouse components or systems, some have service agreements and warranties - others do not. MLS computers have not, nor will be, the latest and greatest but continue to be "adequate" for their utilization. Regardless of age or replacement cycle, I have chosen to keep a spare MLS computer w/monitor in inventory for a quick replacement as needed (re:clerk computer policy 3-05, $150 repair threshold). This practice allows me to quickly deliver a new system w/current image, and pickup and return the failed unit on the same visit. It is imperative that clerks continue with MLS backup as frequent as possible. The STS's in the Stakes I am responsible for seem satisfied with this process.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

rutzjw wrote:Regardless of age or replacement cycle, I have chosen to keep a spare MLS computer w/monitor in inventory for a quick replacement as needed (re:clerk computer policy 3-05, $150 repair threshold). This practice allows me to quickly deliver a new system w/current image, and pickup and return the failed unit on the same visit. It is imperative that clerks continue with MLS backup as frequent as possible. The STS's in the Stakes I am responsible for seem satisfied with this process.
I take it you're a FM person. That seems like a good idea at that level. Not so practical at the stake level (without getting expensive).

Return to “Clerk Computers”