MLS Crashed and will not start up

Discussions around the setup, operation, replacement, and disposal of clerk computers, not to include using MLS
garybryce-p40

MLS Crashed and will not start up

Post by garybryce-p40 »

I just got a call from one of our Wards. While he was transmitting data to SLC he received a pop up window that said that his computer needed to be restarted. After the restart he could not open MLS from the Windows start up screen. What can or should we do? Gary:(
thedqs
Community Moderators

Post by thedqs »

So windows booted up and when he tried to start MLS is failed or MLS failed to start as a startup program?
- David
garybryce-p40

Post by garybryce-p40 »

Windows booted and other menu items started but not MLS. Is there a exe file that I can run in the MLS directory that will rebuild something? What is the name of the file that starts MLS, I will have him try starting from the file instead of the front windows menu. Thanks for your quick help. Gary:)
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

garybryce wrote:Windows booted and other menu items started but not MLS. Is there a exe file that I can run in the MLS directory that will rebuild something? What is the name of the file that starts MLS, I will have him try starting from the file instead of the front windows menu. Thanks for your quick help. Gary:)
If you do not hear anything from the community in time, please contact the global services help desk.

Tom
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Does Global Services handle MLS? I tend to think of them only for networks and employee computers. I would have thought this was for clerk support.

I've got some ideas, but since a send/receive was in process at the time, I'd be a bit concerned that there might be data in the Aferia directory to attempt a MLS restore. Probably better safe and call support.
childsdj

Post by childsdj »

You may want to call in to the clerk support line on this one, but the message that popped up probably at the start of the install. The message states to reboot the computer after the installation is complete. It's possible that the computer was rebooted before the install was complete. This could corrupt the installation. The best solution is to download MLS 2.7.3 from the mls.lds.org web site and reinstall it on that machine.

For what it's worth......

Return to “Clerk Computers”