Acrobat

Discussions around the setup, operation, replacement, and disposal of clerk computers, not to include using MLS
craiggsmith

Acrobat

Post by craiggsmith »

Any reason why the church doesn't put an updated version of Adobe Acrobat Reader on the MLS website? Is it recommended to update it ourselves? Our church connection is too slow, but I can't seem to find the link to download a stand-alone installer any more on Adobe's website.
Craig
South Jordan, UT
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

http://get.adobe.com/reader/enterprise/ seems to work. At least I get the proper responses to download a file, rather then dealing with the DLM. I haven't tried actually installing from that file.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

craiggsmith wrote:Is it recommended to update it ourselves?
Yes. Newer versions have fixed some pretty large security holes in the reader.

Thanks for the link Russell! That's one for my bookmarks as well. :)
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Mikerowaved wrote:Newer versions have fixed some pretty large security holes in the reader.

True, but without broadband, I don't think there's much of a threat. If you have broadband, then you have a solution. :)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

Return to “Clerk Computers”