Replacement computers, how to??

Discussions around the setup, operation, replacement, and disposal of clerk computers, not to include using MLS
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

I got the same error when trying to install Flash as well on our new 580. I just installed it directly from the Adobe site.

You had a question or comment earlier about the Administrator account. If you use the classic logon prompt you can then log in as administrator by just typing it in the username field. Then you will then see it in the user control panel.
Craig
South Jordan, UT
Aczlan

Post by Aczlan »

hemismith wrote:You had a question or comment earlier about the Administrator account. If you use the classic logon prompt you can then log in as administrator by just typing it in the username field. Then you will then see it in the user control panel.
From the "New" (Aka "Welcome") screen hit Ctrl+Alt+Delete twice and you will get the old ("Classic") logon box.

Aaron Z
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

Good to know, thanks.

I finished my new install last night. Despite doing everything I could at home, it still took me a long time. Among other things it took about an hour to download and install the Sophos virus definitions. Then I had to download and install the printer driver. Then of course I had to have the security reset and was on hold with support for quite a long time. Then I got another error and had to call them back, only to be told I could simply ignore the error ("badly formed cubs2mls file" or something like that). I still have to install the modem driver.

All in all it took many many hours and I hope they will better image these things in the future.
Craig
South Jordan, UT

Return to “Clerk Computers”