Ward Tools

Discussions around the setup, operation, replacement, and disposal of clerk computers, not to include using MLS
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

ThomsonMA wrote:What I've done to update Ward Tools data is to do the export on the MLS computer and copy the resulting files onto a USB flash drive. I take that flash drive home and plug it into my own PC, where I run the conversion tool and have Bonjour installed so that it will sync with my iPhone.

That way I don't have to work around Sophos, firewalls, or routers.

It's just that simple...
The post from hemismith that started this thread was looking for a way to use Ward Tools at the stake center. He is aware of the method you describe.
hemismith wrote:They've been able to get it to work at home and at other buildings out of the box; at the stake center...
I suspect that the ward leadership wants the most up to date information without having to make a round trip home and back. Which for some is a considerable distance. I can see the desire to have an option at the stake offices so that there is reasonable certainty that the data is the most current. It is frustrating when each member of the bishopric has the same application but different data because each downloaded MLS data at a different time, took it home, ran the Ward Tools app, and now are in a meeting in which they do not have the same information.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

Thanks, yes, they have been doing the USB method, but that may not have been clear.

I asked them about TES and they were not familiar with it. What login does it use -- it's own, or LDS Account or MLS or something else?

Thanks.
Craig
South Jordan, UT
kd7mha

Post by kd7mha »

hemismith wrote:Thanks, yes, they have been doing the USB method, but that may not have been clear.

I asked them about TES and they were not familiar with it. What login does it use -- it's own, or LDS Account or MLS or something else?

Thanks.
LDS Account

see the wiki article here
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/index.php/Tem ... _.28TES.29
There are 11 types of people. Those who understand Gray Code and those that don't.
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

Great, thanks!
Craig
South Jordan, UT
phxdwl-p40

laptops

Post by phxdwl-p40 »

i have been updating my bishopric's ipods for them. i really dislikeed e-mailing mls data around, so i have been taking my laptop to church, export the data process it on my laptop and then use bonjouir on my laptop for the bishopric to connect and update there iphones. i was excited to see the new app but disapointed that it did not have any home teaching assingments. that is one of the major things they love about ward tools the ability to look up home and visiting teachers quickly.
Dave L.
Phoenix, Arizona
Specialties:
GIS/viedo Production/3d-modeling/Multimedia
Stevemesa-p40

Ward Tools for Stake

Post by Stevemesa-p40 »

The old Ward Tools allowed us to make our own reports. I have successfully loaded the stake database, but MLS does not (or at least I have not seen out) export on a stake basis local ward/ht/vt data (I am on the stake computer). It doesn't ever get down to loading the wtreports.pdb.

So how to I get this on the IPhone if it hangs up with the ward calling pdb; which it cannot find...?

Can you still customize reports?
RossEvans

Post by RossEvans »

Stevemesa wrote:The old Ward Tools allowed us to make our own reports. I have successfully loaded the stake database, but MLS does not (or at least I have not seen out) export on a stake basis local ward/ht/vt data (I am on the stake computer). It doesn't ever get down to loading the wtreports.pdb.

So how to I get this on the IPhone if it hangs up with the ward calling pdb; which it cannot find...?

Can you still customize reports?

You are correct that stake MLS does not export the HT/VT assignment data. Stake MLS has no such data to export.

I suggest posting your other questions on the Ward Tools support site.

Make sure you say what version of the Ward Tools Converter you are using, and what version of MLS your unit is using.

Return to “Clerk Computers”