What is the refresh procedure for clerk computers?

Discussions around the setup, operation, replacement, and disposal of clerk computers, not to include using MLS
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

lrawlins wrote:They [local FM office] will only communicate with the Physical Facilities rep on the High Council or a member of the Stake Presidency.
Our FM group does not talk to the STS at all. We communicate through the stake PFR (a high councilor). This allow the FM group to have a single point of contact with each stake and greatly avoids confusion, overlap, misunderstood work orders, and a number of other problems that occur when more than one person is trying to coordinate something.

Our STS and PFR communicate a lot.
lrawlins wrote:. . . our computer died on Jan 30th. As of today April 24th we still have no computer.
Let your PFR know that you do not have a computer and that you will once again transmit deposit information when you get one. You will have a new computer in two weeks, unless they are expecting you to use another computer in the same building, which they are authorized to do.

(And I suspect you are already doing that, or else CHQ would have really fussed about no deposits or quarterly reports for nearly three months.)

Your PFR will also be able to get a reason if the FM group is slow in replacing the computer. It may be a budget problem, it may be that they have not been told through proper channels that you need a computer. It may be any number of things. Your PFR will know.

If you do not have a PFR, become friends with the counselor in the stake presidency who is responsible for physical facilities.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

lrawlins wrote:[H]ow well does FM group work with other STS?
As an STS I have an excellent relationship with our FM Group. That relationship has come over time working through the PFR. All of my communications are either directed through the PFR or CC'd to him. The only direct communication I have is when the FM Group contacts me first. Most of those direct communications are about computers. As Alan said the policy is to go through the PFR. I make sure the PFR understands the importance of getting in contact with the FM Group expeditiously for computer replacement or repair. In fact two PFRs ago I had to hound him before he eventually came to realize the time importance when a computer goes down.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

As a STS, you may also want to CC your boss, the Stake Clerk. In my experence, the FM group always listens to the Stake Presidency.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Clerk Computers”