New Security Software

Discussions around the setup, operation, replacement, and disposal of clerk computers, not to include using MLS
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

buhlgl wrote:I tried to install Sophos recently. When I did, a screen message said that a dll file couldn't be located. Anyone know what is meant by that and what I can do to remedy it? Right now, I have Sophos installed but there is a red X on the program icon.
That sounds like the known installation problem. See the Important installation note on the wiki for the solution.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jbuhl68

Post by jbuhl68 »

Thank you. That answered my question perfectly. I must get used to going to wiki.
jbuhl68

Symantec

Post by jbuhl68 »

Sophos would not load on my dial-up ward PC. Can I get an update of Symantec from the Church? If not, what is suggested for use as an anti-virus?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

buhlgl wrote:Sophos would not load on my dial-up ward PC. Can I get an update of Symantec from the Church? If not, what is suggested for use as an anti-virus?
You might want to call Local Unit Support and see if they can help you. The church is discontinuing Symantec and is actively seeking out the remaining installations to get it purged.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Clerk Computers”