send receive problem

Discussions around the setup, operation, replacement, and disposal of clerk computers, not to include using MLS
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Ogdensburg wrote:Is there any established troubleshooting checklist I can use to fix this? The MLS Help menu has nothing.
See Troubleshooting MLS transmission problems on the wiki.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Ogdensburg wrote:Nothing was changed with the computer. Yet, it will not connect with Church HQ.
You should have received an Afaria error code, probably #1, #2 or #3. Do you recall which one it was? This will let you know if the potential problem is with the local computer or the Church servers.
Ogdensburg wrote:In the password box I used my clerk's password, and clicked dial. It attempted to connect, but then failed, with a message that the password is incorrect.
The password you entered will not allow you to connect.

See Alan's post (#11) for an excellent checklist to help troubleshoot this problem. If you get to the point where you need to call the Local Unit Help Desk, tell them your district clerk told you to call.
Ogdensburg-p40

Post by Ogdensburg-p40 »

Thanks, I've printed out the troubleshooting checklist, and will give them a go.:)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Note: If you reach level 4 troubleshooting, the procedure will not restore the phone numbers used for dialing. Either write down the numbers or backup the file C:\Program Files\LDS Church\MLS\Dialer.properties and restore it after re-installing MLS or you'll be stuck with a system that can't call.

Also note that procedure will require a security reset. But you can call ahead and do that before you start so it will be working after the reinstall.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

RussellHltn wrote:Note: If you reach level 4 troubleshooting, the procedure will not restore the phone numbers used for dialing. Either write down the numbers or backup the file C:\Program Files\LDS Church\MLS\Dialer.properties and restore it after re-installing MLS or you'll be stuck with a system that can't call.
I updated the wiki to include that note.

Return to “Clerk Computers”