checks print gobbledeygook?

Discussions around the setup, operation, replacement, and disposal of clerk computers, not to include using MLS
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

You might double-check what printer driver is being selected when you go to print checks, however it's starting to sound like some kind of corruption in MLS. In that case a call to clerk support is in order.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

myerm wrote:MLS membership info prints fine, it only prints incorrectly when we try to print checks.
In the top left panel of MLS under System Options, select the Printing tab on the left. In the Languages section, make sure English is selected in the drop down box.
myerm-p40

Post by myerm-p40 »

Bingo! You nailed it!
Of course, we learned the hard way. We now have a very clean hard drive, a sparkling new MLS software install, and the heartache of wasted hours.
But it turns out the check printed language was indeed set to Chinese.
Let that be a lesson for you, uhhhhh, us, that is.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

myerm wrote:Bingo! You nailed it!
. . . the check printed language was indeed set to Chinese.
Glad you figured it out. That was the only setting I know of that affects only check printing.

Just out of curiosity, I wonder if the check would really print in Chinese, or if you would have had to install language drivers/files for the operating system first?

And no, you don't need to answer that! I would just leave well enough alone. [grin]

Return to “Clerk Computers”