Need to find a "rule" so we can tell a guy to take his PC out of the clerks office

Discussions around the setup, operation, replacement, and disposal of clerk computers, not to include using MLS
PNMarkW2

Post by PNMarkW2 »

Our "Lost and Found" is in the library, it's actually more secure there. I noticed the other day that our Stake Center's "Lost and Found" is on a shelf above a coat rack.

As for a PC, I've been keeping a laptop up in the Clerk's Office for about two months now, ever since we started putting wireless internet into the building. It's an old laptop, so I don't much care if it disappears someday. I've been using it during meetings and such to look up things. It's been particularly useful when someone has been on the office computer, but we need to check something online.

Why a HPGL would need to keep a computer (I'm assuming laptop) at Church is a little beyond me. It would be interesting to know what he used it for. To echo what others have said though, it is the Clerk's office, not the HPGL's office, so the Clerk or Bishop should be able to diplomatically tell him to remove it if that's what they want.
~Mark
Ward Clerk
Colonial Heights Ward
Portland Oregon Stake

-----
"For a list of all the ways technology has failed to improve the quality of life, please press three."
---Alice Kahn
nbflint

Post by nbflint »

PNMarkW2 wrote:Our "Lost and Found" is in the library, it's actually more secure there.
Off topic but. . . we were given about 30 keys to the Clerks office the last time the locks were changed, only 6 for the library.

Return to “Clerk Computers”