Stake Account/Password Resets

Discussions around the setup, operation, replacement, and disposal of clerk computers, not to include using MLS
craiggsmith

Stake Account/Password Resets

Post by craiggsmith »

Another ward can't log in to their computer. They claim it's just since the recent update, but I assume that really had nothing to do with it.

I always set up a stake admin account for issues such as this, but it's not letting me do anything, apparently it's not an admin account. Did I somehow not set it up right or do we not have the ability to create admin accounts? I'm not too familiar with Windows 10 but I can't imagine how I would have made a mistake setting it up.

At any rate, support is closed of course, so I guess I can't do anything about it except keep asking around to see if someone changed it.
Craig
South Jordan, UT
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Stake Account/Password Resets

Post by russellhltn »

The account might have been set up, but the problem is any admn can remove, disable, or demote any other account, even an admin account.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

Anyone know the local unit support hours?
Craig
South Jordan, UT
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

craiggsmith wrote:Anyone know the local unit support hours?
You can find that information here.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

Thanks. I searched through all the menus on the MHTech site and never found that page. I called after hours and the person told me it was 9 am to 6 pm, which I knew wasn't right. They did confirm that it wasn't possible for an update to change the password. Still not sure how the stake account would have gotten changed, not likely someone would have done that but who knows.
Craig
South Jordan, UT
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

Called support this morning. He said he can't remote in because he didn't have the bigfix software installed. Not sure why he didn't refer me to someone else, but the pw he gave me for the admin account doesn't work anyway, I tired several options. So time for a re-image.

Here's what happened according to the exec sec:
He logged in fine. He was then prompted for a windows update. He was also prompted for a password change (expiring in the next 4 days). He said he postponed the pw change, but after the update and restart he could no longer log in. Strange.
Craig
South Jordan, UT
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

I just use the well-known Sticky Keys Hack when I need to reset a Windows password. I haven't tried it on Windows 10 yet, but I have heard that it still works.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

Thanks, I will look into it.
Craig
South Jordan, UT
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

Excuse my ignorance, but does this regular pw change only apply to the latest Clerk computer (image) incarnation? Not to be confused with the regular MLS pw change, associated for those with financial responsibilities?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Biggles wrote:Excuse my ignorance, but does this regular pw change only apply to the latest Clerk computer (image) incarnation?
I think it is the new Windows default (change pw every 42 days) in these days of heightened security. I wish they would have reset it before they made the image, so that I do not have to do it on each individual computer.

Return to “Clerk Computers”