New computer with no MLS or firewall

Discussions around the setup, operation, replacement, and disposal of clerk computers, not to include using MLS
jamesporteous

New computer with no MLS or firewall

Post by jamesporteous »

Hi
I have just been called as the new stake clerk for Edinburgh Scotland Stake we have not had a computer now for over 3 weeks as a result of fire and the replacement was delivered today, after setting it up it obviously does not come with MLS on it, how is this achieved, there is no CD drive with the new computer so I guess and wireless connection to download the necessary software.
Your help would be appreciated.

Jim Porteous
jmpor5@sky.com
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: New computer with no MLS or firewall

Post by lajackson »

jamesporteous wrote:after setting it up it obviously does not come with MLS on it, how is this achieved, there is no CD drive with the new computer so I guess and wireless connection to download the necessary software.
You will find the software with instructions at the Help Center under Meetinghouse Technologies > Computer > Downloads.

You would normally be wired via Ethernet, but if your meetinghouse is not, you will have to use WiFi to download and install MLS and other required clerk software.
drepouille

Re: New computer with no MLS or firewall

Post by drepouille »

New computer setup instructions are in the Help Center (clerksupport.lds.org) under Meetinghouse Technology:
https://www.lds.org/help/support/meetin ... /computers
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska

Return to “Clerk Computers”