New Windows 10 Computer

Discussions around the setup, operation, replacement, and disposal of clerk computers, not to include using MLS
dougj

Re: New Windows 10 Computer

Post by dougj »

If this doesn't fit exactly, I'm sure there are more applicable instructions out there: http://www.thewindowsclub.com/customizi ... -windows-7. It should include Windows 10, per the article.

Either way, the password change requirement can be modified in the Local Security Policy.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

dougj wrote:Either way, the password change requirement can be modified in the Local Security Policy.
Correct.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aclawson

Post by aclawson »

It can be changed, but some organization push out policies that forces this.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

If it was being pushed out, then I'd think all the computers would be like this. So far, it's just the newest computers we've received.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dougj

Post by dougj »

I would be surprised if someone in an LDS chapel is using group policies to enforce the password policy or any other such policy. I don't think anyone would have to worry about it being reset except for someone else doing it manually on each local computer.
lfanelli

Post by lfanelli »

My first post!

I just want to thank all those that created the Windows 10 provisioning tool. I had to reinstall from scratch a system about 2 years ago due to the hard drive being fried from lightning - (learned our lesson, we now have battery back ups). Back then, I had to run from one clerks office to the other to download and create a usb win 10 thumb drive. Over all, it took me 9 hours on a Saturday night -into the next morning- to get that machine up and running MLS for Sunday morning. This time I was able to get the Windows 10 provisioning tool full preloaded on a win 10 thumb drive. In under 2 hours we had the machine re-imaged and fully installed all software and running MLS! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

~Lyle

Return to “Clerk Computers”