Obtaining permission to install Node.js on clerk computer

Discussions around the setup, operation, replacement, and disposal of clerk computers, not to include using MLS
devinbost

Obtaining permission to install Node.js on clerk computer

Post by devinbost »

My ward has developed a formalized intake process (for when a member moves into our ward from another ward), and I have developed an application that partially automates the process. The app, however, requires Node.js as a dependency, so I will need to install it on the clerk computer.
I would like to know whose permission I will need to obtain to:
  • 1. Install Node.js and the app on the clerk computer (but without accessing any lds.org data);
    2. (Ideally) install Node.js and a more advanced version of the app on the clerk computer that syncs with lds.org data.
Does anyone know?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Obtaining permission to install Node.js on clerk computer

Post by russellhltn »

devinbost wrote:I would like to know whose permission I will need to obtain to:
  • 1. Install Node.js and the app on the clerk computer (but without accessing any lds.org data);
I'd talk with the STS. Seee Other Software and Tools
devinbost wrote:2. (Ideally) install Node.js and a more advanced version of the app on the clerk computer that syncs with lds.org data.
Does anyone know?
That's a very gray area. I doubt if you 'd ever get approval. The best you could hope for is "not prohibited".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Clerk Computers”