Help with re-image

Discussions around the setup, operation, replacement, and disposal of clerk computers, not to include using MLS
ccordoba24

Re: Help with re-image

Post by ccordoba24 »

There seems to be a problem with the image iso for IBMs , the Lenovo M77 and M78 Image . It boots but then some files missing so it can´t install. Tried downloading twice and same result. I ended up trying the newer Lenovo M79 and M73 Image and that works well on the older PC. Sophos is preinstalled on that image by the way.

But does anyone know the password for Administrator? the LocalClerk is [redacted] but I can´t seem to find the one for Administrator account.

Cheers,
Last edited by aebrown on Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Remove password posted in public forum
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

As this is a public forum, if you can please remove any passwords from your post.

The LocalClerk is an administrator account, so it isn't necessary to know the Administrator account password. As far as I know, us mere mortals don't have that password anyway.
ccordoba24

Post by ccordoba24 »

oh, yes , my mistake. It is an admin account. Slip of the tongue!

But still, it bothers me a bit that there is another admin there and I can't get in to that one. Does anyone know reasons why? or better still can anyone send me the password that is used for that admin via private message please?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The way that many Windows 7 installs work is that they create an internal "Administrator" account - and you won't know the password. (In those cases, it wont even let you create an account called "Administrator".) I think it keeps it in reserve for itself when you do a "run as Administrator" function.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ccordoba24

Post by ccordoba24 »

Yes, true, but it was enabled already on the image downloaded from the lds newtech's site. However in all the installs I've done , I would normally set that internal Administrator password, or usually leave it blank. Problem now is that if I ever do have to run the pc as Administrator, ie using that ´Administrator´ account, I wont be able to get passed the password -without resorting to a ntpasswd cd or something on hiren/falcon4 off course.

As for now, I can see on all the pc´s i installed that image on here in church, the 'Administrator'(unknown password), the 'LocalClerk' (admin too and I have that password) and guest account without any password. So , again, if it is available somewhere can someone let me know?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

What you do is create a "Stake Admin" so there's a backup admin in case someone changes and forgets the "LocalClerk" one. As for the "Administrator" account, don't worry about it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ccordoba24

Post by ccordoba24 »

Hi. Is there a link somewhere for a win7 clerk image in Spanish? for clerk pc's in Argentina?

So far I've reimaged two PC that needed it urgently but both are in English (location and currency I've changed to spanish off course) but help files, menu and so on are all in English.

I downloaded the image from the tech site at, in english:

https://www.lds.org/help/support/meetin ... s?lang=eng , then Reimaging local computers , because the equivalent site in Spanish doesn't have a link for Reimaging local pc's, ie at:

https://www.lds.org/help/support/meetin ... s?lang=spa

pd there's no rush now, they can use those pc's with win7 in English however it would be better to eventually have an Spanish image available to download.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

c.cordoba wrote:but help files, menu and so on are all in English.
For what software? Windows? MLS? Office?

It looks like you can download language packs for Windows 7 here.

MLS has a couple different settings to change the language.

ccordoba24

Post by ccordoba24 »

russellhltn wrote:
c.cordoba wrote:but help files, menu and so on are all in English.
For what software? Windows? MLS? Office?

It looks like you can download language packs for Windows 7 here.
For windows 7 enterprise, which the church uses still in clerks computers.

The language pack isn´t the full solution though because the base isn´t localized, ie it will still have a Start button instead of ´Inicio´, or Control Panel instead of ¨Panel Control¨ and so on. Language pack are only the regional packs for currency , dates etc...
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

c.cordoba wrote:
For windows 7 enterprise, which the church uses still in clerks computers.
As far as I'm aware, Windows 7 Enterprise is used mainly for FHC computers. It might also be used in other areas of the Church.

Certainly for all the Clerk computers, the image made available is Windows 7 Professional. It would seem that if W7 Enterprise was installed on your computer. It is the wrong operating system.

By mistake, last year our replacement Clerk computers were supplied with the W7 FHC image. Is this what has happened to you?

I had over 15 computers to reimage, which was a logistics nightmare, to rectify.

Return to “Clerk Computers”