Windows 10 Upgrade

Discussions around the setup, operation, replacement, and disposal of clerk computers, not to include using MLS
maligonaries

Re: Windows 10 Upgrade

Post by maligonaries »

May I know how your Windows 7 computer got the upgrade to Windows 10? Did you just leave it turned on or was there like a notification on your computer?
pete.arnett

Post by pete.arnett »

yes and it just appeared
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

maligonaries wrote:May I know how your Windows 7 computer got the upgrade to Windows 10? Did you just leave it turned on or was there like a notification on your computer?
Both! Also required accepting the W10 upgrade, in the IBM Big Fix application.
harddrive

Post by harddrive »

I know of 3 computers in my stake that have not been able to be upgraded to Windows 10. Each time they download the files, but when they reboot the computer will not start and the system goes into troubleshooting mode. Restart the computers and they go to Windows 7. I'm not even going to try anything and if they don't upgrade then so be it. I think they are due for replacement next year anyway.

PS. I have been having issue upgraded my systems at home.
rscorse47

Post by rscorse47 »

Now that the 29th of July has passed, will those admin computers which have not been upgraded to Windows 10 continue to
have that option?
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

rscorse47 wrote:Now that the 29th of July has passed, will those admin computers which have not been upgraded to Windows 10 continue to
have that option?
Not according to the instructions posted about the upgrade. Any computer not upgraded will have to wait until the normal 5 year replacement cycle.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Biggles wrote:
rscorse47 wrote:Now that the 29th of July has passed, will those admin computers which have not been upgraded to Windows 10 continue to
have that option?
Not according to the instructions posted about the upgrade. Any computer not upgraded will have to wait until the normal 5 year replacement cycle.
The July 29th deadline was Microsoft's, not the church. The church is unlikely to spend any funds to pay for upgrades while Windows 7 is still supported.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

From the W10 Upgrade FAQ
6. What if we miss the deadline to upgrade to Windows 10 by July 29, 2016?
If your device is not upgraded in time, it will remain on its current operating system until eligible for replacement (5-year replacement cycle). At that point, the device will be replaced by a Windows 10 machine. Church software, including MLS and LCR, will continue to work on Windows 7/8 devices until it can be replaced.
jwunsch300

Post by jwunsch300 »

After the Windows 10 upgrade it seems the Administrator Account was wiped. How do you set up a new Admin Account? When I try to add the account all it lets me do is add email accounts, not a "Admin Level" user account.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

jwunsch300 wrote:After the Windows 10 upgrade it seems the Administrator Account was wiped. How do you set up a new Admin Account? When I try to add the account all it lets me do is add email accounts, not a "Admin Level" user account.
There's no need to add or remove user accounts. The Clerk account has admin privilege already.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Clerk Computers”