BES Client?

Discussions around the setup, operation, replacement, and disposal of clerk computers, not to include using MLS
mdburr

BES Client?

Post by mdburr »

Our stake just got a whole bunch of new systems. On several of them, I notice BES Client isn't showing in the Services applet. Following instructions at mhtech.lds.org, I downloaded the IEM installer, but when it runs, BES Client is still missing.

I checked the Windows app log and saw a message from the installer indicating a newer version of the software was installed, and looking more closely at the services, I can see that there is an IBM Endpoint Manager service running. So, are the instructions out of date?

For now, I went ahead and uninstalled the IBM endpoint client and then reinstalled using the installer from mhtech; now I can see the BES Client.

But I wonder if the new systems are being distributed with an updated version of IEM and the instructions on mhtech are out of date?
drepouille

Re: BES Client?

Post by drepouille »

Did you receive Dell, hp compaq, or Lenovo computers? We received two Dell 7010, nine hp compaq 6305, and one Lenovo M73 Tiny.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
rolandc

Re: BES Client?

Post by rolandc »

This is the new standard, IBM endpoint client
Roland

Return to “Clerk Computers”