Latest new computer setup

Discussions around the setup, operation, replacement, and disposal of clerk computers, not to include using MLS
craiggsmith

Re: Latest new computer setup

Post by craiggsmith »

Thanks.

I got the mouse working. First I plugged in another mouse to the same port and it was fine. Then I plugged the new one into another port and it worked. Then I shut it down and unplugged it and plugged it back in to the same port. Didn't work. Then plugged it into another port (that I had tried before) and it worked. Strange but true.
Craig
South Jordan, UT
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

Sometimes when I attach a new mouse or keyboard to a PC, I have to wait a few minutes for Windows to identify the device and install the correct driver for it. This usually causes me to sit at the login prompt for a few minutes, moving the mouse and waiting for it to come to life.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

drepouille wrote:Sometimes when I attach a new mouse or keyboard to a PC, I have to wait a few minutes for Windows to identify the device and install the correct driver for it. This usually causes me to sit at the login prompt for a few minutes, moving the mouse and waiting for it to come to life.
Thanks, yes, I tried that. I left it for an hour to no avail. I was able to hit Enter at the login screen so I could at least log in to see what was going on. When it does work it says it's installing the driver pretty quickly after plugging it in. Not sure why it has to do that every time though; once ought to be enough.
Craig
South Jordan, UT
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

craiggsmith wrote:Not sure why it has to do that every time though; once ought to be enough.
One time for each different USB port is normal. That's just how USB works.

I think if it's not there for some time, it gets removed.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

I see, thanks.
Craig
South Jordan, UT

Return to “Clerk Computers”