Problem with Sophos (firewall and password)

Discussions around the setup, operation, replacement, and disposal of clerk computers, not to include using MLS
carloswm

Problem with Sophos (firewall and password)

Post by carloswm »

I installed the Sophos Antivirus and its firewall blocked all the incoming connections. I deactivated it, because I couldn't set it up right away. How could I set it up properly without allowing all the incoming connections but only those reasonable secure (like Google Chrome)?

In the other hand, because of that, I tried to uninstall it, but it ask me for a password I don't have. What should I do?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Problem with Sophos (firewall and password)

Post by lajackson »

Call the Global Service Center. They will be able to help you set it up so that it works.

On one computer Sophos started blocking everything, including MLS send/receives. They were able to figure it out.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Problem with Sophos (firewall and password)

Post by russellhltn »

carloswashingtonmercado wrote:How could I set it up properly without allowing all the incoming connections but only those reasonable secure (like Google Chrome)?
Incoming? Unless you're running the computer as a server, web browsers should be outgoing.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Clerk Computers”