Win 7 upgrades

Discussions around the setup, operation, replacement, and disposal of clerk computers, not to include using MLS
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Re: Win 7 upgrades

Post by Mikerowaved »

ajeffries1977 wrote:im the tech of the peru,indiana i need the windows 7 enterprise product key for dell and hp computers
First of all, the church doesn't use the Enterprise version for clerk computers, only Professional. Second, for Windows 7 the product key for each computer can be located on the Certificate of Authenticity (COA) sticker located on the PC's case.

We can assist in the forum with generalized questions, but if you need specific help, I would suggest contacting the Global Service Center.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
danpass

Post by danpass »

ajeffries1977 wrote:im the tech of the peru,indiana i need the windows 7 enterprise product key for dell and hp computers
Are the computers for which you need the product key, FHC rather than clerk computers? If not, did you by any chance use a Windows 7 SP 1 desktop image disc provided by the FamilySearch Department to upgrade clerk computers?

The reason I ask, is that a couple of months ago or so, we received a disc from FS to upgrade a couple of FHC computers from Windows XP to Windows 7. Both computers had Windows 7 Pro stickers on them, but I never had to enter the license key from the stickers, as the computers seemed to already be activated after the upgrade.

Then last week, both computers suddenly began indicating that they we might be running illegal copies of Windows 7 Enterprise and to activate the product. I tried using the W7 Pro license keys from the labels on the computers, but got an error that they were not valid for the Enterprise edition of Windows 7.

If you mistakenly posted in the clerk computers forum and in fact need to resolve this issue for FHC computers, you need to call FamilySearch Support. They will need to remote in to your computer(s) and run a batch file to fix the problem.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

You posted this in the Clerk Computers forum. If the computers you are talking about are in a Family History Center, then please refer to my previous post here:
https://tech.lds.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=144&t=19536#

Family History Center Support must remotely access each computer, and run a script to reset the license key, etc. This problem appeared on July 8th when the monthly Windows Update ran the Genuine Advantage utility, and "deactivated" all FHC computers that have the new Windows 7 image.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska

Return to “Clerk Computers”