Offsite Storage of MLS Backups

Discussions around the setup, operation, replacement, and disposal of clerk computers, not to include using MLS
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Offsite Storage of MLS Backups

Post by lajackson »

scgallafent wrote:
lajackson wrote: I sure wish we could do a backup without the finance statements!
Maybe I should clarify: My ward's last backup on the server at headquarters is 900 KB. My backups when I'm at the church are the same as anyone else's.
Oh, I understood that. And that means your backups at the church become large and unwieldy, just as they do for the rest of us.

But what happens at the ward is more than doubled at the stake level. Our backups at the stake (with all of the financial statements) become huge.

I think my hope for the future might be that there be a limit to the number of financial reports saved with the local ward or stake backup (perhaps the last 12 or the current year). I think that would be a happy medium. A restore normally would not require the additional downloading of financial reports. But if an older financial report was needed for some long-term unresolved issue, it would be available from headquarters.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Re: Offsite Storage of MLS Backups

Post by Mikerowaved »

lajackson wrote:I think my hope for the future might be that there be a limit to the number of financial reports saved with the local ward or stake backup (perhaps the last 12 or the current year). ...But if an older financial report was needed for some long-term unresolved issue, it would be available from headquarters.
As long as they are readily available from CHQ, I can't see why 3 or 4 months wouldn't be a sufficient number to keep on hand.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Clerk Computers”