WWLT and sharing computers with missionaries

Discussions around the setup, operation, replacement, and disposal of clerk computers, not to include using MLS
Biggles

Re: WWLT and sharing computers with missionaries

Post by Biggles »

In our Stake the missionaries have been using the Clerk computers for quite some time now, except the Stake Centre which does have a FHC.

Regretfully the only computer I've had problems with, was a Clerk computer that had unauthorised programs installed. One of these programs brought with them a redirect that pointed to a malicious website. Fortunately, or unfortunately depending on your perspective, the firewall stopped the computer being able to connect to the Internet. Removing all these programs and tracking down the DNS redirect sorted the problem.

On this computer I've now set up a dedicated limited access Missionary account and changed the Clerk password only known to members of the Bishopric. I intend to roll this out across all our Clerk computers, to reduce the temptation for unauthorised program installation.

The Missionaries are usually more tech savvy, than most users of computers, especially in this particular Ward. Fortunately most Missionaries respect that the use of the Clerk computer is a privilege, not a right. One or two inconsiderate Missionaries sour it for the rest!

Return to “Clerk Computers”