Reconnecting local computer to Church HQs.

Discussions around the setup, operation, replacement, and disposal of clerk computers, not to include using MLS
dougy1

Reconnecting local computer to Church HQs.

Post by dougy1 »

The computer in out ward developed problems and the stake IT replaced it with an other older machine that works. It runs MLS fine but we cannot transmit data to Church HQs until the computer has been given permission to transmit via the personnel in Salt Lake City.

And this is fine except I called Salt Lake Monday, 24 Dec, to establish transmissions, but all have gone home for Christmas, and to try again on Wednesday, 26 Dec, 2012. I did this and played phone-tag, for 40 minutes I listened to a recording saying, "My phonecall is important...". Then it occurred to me the phone system had probably been set on automatic and I was on an infinite loop; no-one was home. This is easy to do with an older phone system where all you have to do is place all the buttons "on-hold".

I really don't care if all concerned go on Christmas vacation, I just want to re-establish communications/transmissions between the computer systems. Is there an easier way, or am I missing something?

Douglas Young
Sierra Vista Arizona 1st Ward
dyoung82@cox.net
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Reconnecting local computer to Church HQs.

Post by jdlessley »

There is no other way. The security code at headquarters has to be reset. That can only be done by headquarters.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Re: Reconnecting local computer to Church HQs.

Post by Mikerowaved »

Do you still have access to the failed computer, or at least the hard drive?
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Clerk Computers”