CutePDF with Ask Toolbar :(

Discussions around the setup, operation, replacement, and disposal of clerk computers, not to include using MLS
rbeede

CutePDF with Ask Toolbar :(

Post by rbeede »

So I installed CutePDF on a home computer today by downloading the latest version from their website.

During the install I noticed it prompted to install a toolbar. I unselected the options telling it not to.

It still installed the toolbar! Very annoying for me and the laptop user who hates it.

:(

Maybe I'll take an open source alternative and modify it to use the standard Windows OS save dialog and without the annoying toolbar install.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

rbeede wrote:So I installed CutePDF on a home computer today by downloading the latest version from their website.

During the install I noticed it prompted to install a toolbar. I unselected the options telling it not to.

It still installed the toolbar! Very annoying for me and the laptop user who hates it.

I've installed CutePDF at least 20 times (as recently as last week), and that has never happened to me. I uncheck the boxes, and it doesn't install the toolbar.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
rbeede

Post by rbeede »

Latest version does this though.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

rbeede wrote:Latest version does this though.
I had the same problem yesterday and like aebrown I did uncheck the tool bar option, but it still installed the tool bar.

I'm using Chrome, if that has any bearing!
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

The toolbar can easily be uninstalled using the regular method for any installed program. While it *IS* rather annoying to have to take extra steps to remove it, I'm not sure it's that big of an issue.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aclawson

Post by aclawson »

pdfredirect has always worked better for me
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

I ran into this just this morning working on my new clerk computer image. It was easily un-installed, but I know that I unchecked the options to use it during the wizard setup.
emckirdy

Post by emckirdy »

I can't speak to how our channel partners choose to bundle and position the install options for our toolbar, but I can definitely speak to its removal. We publish all the removal steps at this link:
http://asksupport.custhelp.com/app/answ ... /a_id/2908

If you need any additional support, our Customer Support team will be happy to help. They are reachable via http://asksupport.custhelp.com/app/ask.

Return to “Clerk Computers”