Lenovo M90z - bad network card

Discussions around the setup, operation, replacement, and disposal of clerk computers, not to include using MLS
cstenbergh

Lenovo M90z - bad network card

Post by cstenbergh »

We have received new Lenovo M90z computers for our FHC. They have been working great except one PC doesn't recognize the network card. I have installed the latest drivers from Lenovo but the card never activates. So I thought the network card might be bad and I had the Lenovo tech replace the card. But the problem still remains. Now the Lenovo tech is telling me to reload the OS. Okay, where do I get a copy of Windows 7 Enterprise to re-install on the PC? Anyone have a suggestion or other options?

Thanks!

Christian Hansen
Tooele Valley FHC
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'd contact Family History Center Support. There might be a better number, but I think 1-866-406-1830 should be able to get you there.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rbeede

Post by rbeede »

I'm guessing the network port wasn't left disabled in the bios, but you might want to check.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

And just a heads-up regarding a power supply recall affecting some of the M90z models sold in the last few years. Here's more info to see if yours is on the list...

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/detail. ... D=HT071924
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Clerk Computers”